Active Investing Blog

A challenge of starting with nothing and turning it into $1,000,000 in my spare time.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Starting Out

This is my new challenge that I figure will take upward of several decades. It was inspired by a challenge by my partner in 2005 who said it would be impossible to turn $20 into $5,000 in 6 months. While I did fail in that endeavor, I did turn the $20 into over $1,300 with a bunch of stock left over. With the New Year right around the corner, I will be beginning a new challenge and decided that I would make this into a looooong term challenge by starting with nothing and seeing how long it takes me to turn it into $1,000,000 while documenting the steps all along the way.

Is it possible? I have no doubt that it can be done - although it will take a lot of patience to accomplish it. Here are the rules I have set for myself:

1. This challenge can only be done in my spare time.

2. All money made must be beyond my regular income and put aside into savings or reinvested into this challenge.

So let the challenge begin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home